Could Malaysia’s Harsh Criticism of Israeli War Crimes Be Tied to Both Malaysian Airline Disasters?
July 2009: Mahathir Mohamad blasts US and UK over Palestine – Part 1
October 2011: Dr.Mahathir – The Malaysian Genius Islamic Gold Dinars!
Dr.Mahathir Says War Should be Made Illegal”…We live in a world where we fear everything:
Mahathir: ‘I don’t have any problems with China, but I don’t like American policies’…’If you bomb innocent people, you are a terrorist.’
Kuala Lumpur, July 24:
Former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamed today said the Europeans and the Americans had created a monster in Israel but did not bother about the atrocities it had committed and was committing.
They would continue to support Israel even if the Israelis committed genocide and killed all the Arabs.
This, he said, was their way to atone for all their treatment of the Jews in the past.
According to Dr Mahathir, the Jews should really be venting their spite on the Germans and other Europeans. But they were too smart. Killing Arabs was easier and more fun.
Writing in his blogsite chedet.cc today, Dr Mahathir said the Jews claimed they were the “chosen” people of God despite having been persecuted by the European Christians who accused them of the crucifixion of Christ; forced to live in ghettos in Europe and having to endure periodical massacres (pogroms) by Europeans.
”The Jews are Semitic people. So are the Arabs. But today the Jews behave as if they are the only Semitic people.
“They accused everyone of being anti-Semitic if they criticised the Jews or accused them of wrong doings.
“For whatever they do, however criminal it may be they would accuse their detractors as being anti-Semitic,” he said.
Dr Mahathir said that in this free world, anyone could accuse anyone of anything and it would be tolerated because it was part of freedom of speech.
But the Jews may not be criticised in any way without the critic being labelled “anti-Semitic”.
And many European countries support this view to the extent of jailing anyone accused of being anti-Semitic.
“Clearly the Jews think of themselves as special beings who are privileged to the point of being above condemnation or even criticism.
“Their present behaviour confirms this arrogance. They do what they wish even when the world considers their deeds as criminal, inhuman even.
“Currently they are engaged in killing hundreds of the people in Gaza and razing their cities to the ground. Hospitals, schools and private dwellings have been bombed and rocketed, he said.
Dr Mahathir said the Jews did not care about world condemnation, instead they announced their intention to kill more people and devastate the Gaza Strip
Israel Dominates the Debate in Malaysia – Again
Recent comments by Malaysian opposition leader Anwar Ibrahim have demonstrated yet again how issues related to Israel continue to divide this majority-Muslim country – and could influence the country’s next national election.
In a recent interview with the Wall Street Journal, Mr. Anwar responded to the question of whether he would open diplomatic ties with Israel by stating his “support” for “efforts to protect the security of the state of Israel,” while at the same time backing the “legitimate rights of the Palestinians.” He stopped short of saying he would establish diplomatic relations between the two states – what he describes as a “tricky” issue – and stated that any change to the status quo would remain contingent on Israel recognizing the aspirations of the Palestinians.
Malaysia is one of three Southeast Asian nations including Indonesia and Brunei that does not have diplomatic relations with Israel, though limited economic ties exist between private companies in both countries.
“Some refuse to recognize the state of Israel,” he said, “but I think our policy should be clear – protect the security [of Israel] but you must be as firm in protecting the legitimate interests of the Palestinians.”
The comments triggered a storm of debate and criticism, with members of the ruling United Malays National Organization (UMNO) and other groups accusing the leader of abandoning the Palestinian cause – an emotive cause long-supported in the majority-Muslim Southeast Asian nation.
Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad:
On the Jews
October 21, 2003, interview with The Bangkok Post:
- Japanese newspapers put down my talk to me being anti-Semitic….but they pick up one sentence in which I said the Jews control the world.
- Well, the reaction of the world shows that they control the world.
- Israel is a small country. There are not many Jews in the world. But they are so arrogant they defy the whole world.
- I have friends who are Jews. In fact I invited the Israeli cricket team to play in Malaysia, a number of Israeli schoolchildren, so they can meet Muslim schoolchildren in Malaysia and Chinese schoolchildren so that they can see we behave normally. We don’t want to kill them.
- …many newspapers are owned by the Jews. They only see that angle and they have a powerful influence over the thinking of many people. Only their side of the picture is given now. The Muslims, we are pictured as terrorists, unreasonable people…
October 16, 2003, speech to the Tenth Islamic Summit Conference in Putrajaya, Malaysia:
- The Muslims will forever be oppressed and dominated by the Europeans and the Jews.
- It cannot be that there is no other way. 1.3 billion Muslims cannot be defeated by a few million Jews. There must be a way.
- We are actually very strong. 1.3 billion people cannot be simply wiped out. The Europeans killed 6 million Jews out of 12 million. But today the Jews rule this world by proxy. They get others to fight and die for them.
- They survived 2000 years of pogroms not by hitting back, but by thinking. They invented and successfully promoted Socialism, Communism, human rights and democracy so that persecuting them would appear to be wrong, so they may enjoy equal rights with others. With these they have now gained control of the most powerful countries and they, this tiny community, have become a world power.
- Of late because of their power and their apparent success they have become arrogant. And arrogant people, like angry people will make mistakes, will forget to think.
June 3, 2003, address at Tokyo seminar on Japan’s role in Asia’s development:
- “… Europeans, nominally at least are Christians and as Christians their old enmity towards Islam in particular still color their thinking. They were at one time more anti-Jew or anti-Semitic. But horrified by the Holocaust, they now bend over backwards in order to atone for their crimes. Such is their about-turn that they are willing to tolerate the crimes committed by Israel.” (BBC Monitoring, June 4, 2003.)
December 13, 2002, address at a United Nations symposium on Islam at UN University in Tokyo:
- “If the Arabs who before were not terrorists are today willing to commit suicide in order to fight against the Israelis or Americans, there must be a reason for it. And the reason is that they feel that Americans and the Jews and the Europeans have been unjust to them.” (BBC Monitoring, December 13, 2002.)
January 2002: In a statement made prior to hosting an international meeting of Muslim countries on terrorism, Mahathir said of terrorism:
- “At the moment the definition tends to be confined only to Islamic nations and Muslims at large whereas Israel and the Jews are also terrorist state or people.” (BBC Monitoring, January 30, 2002.)