Pres. Obama Takes Christian Hobby Lobby To Supreme Court To Force It To Pay For Contraceptives
The Obama administration today filed papers taking the Christian craft store Hobby Lobby to the Supreme Court to make it comply with the HHS mandate that compels religious companies to pay for birth control and abortion-causing drugs for their employees.
In July, a federal court granted Hobby Lobby a preliminary injunction against the HHS abortion-drug mandate. The injunction prevented the Obama administration from enforcing the mandate against the Christian company, but the Obama administration appealed that ruling today. The government’s appeal makes it highly likely that the Supreme Court will decide the issue in the upcoming term.
- Christian Retail Giant Hobby Lobby Accused of Anti-Semitism? (voiceoftruthusa.wordpress.com)
- Obama Administration appeals Hobby Lobby/HHS mandate case to the Supreme Court (lifesitenews.com)
- News: Will the Supreme Court Review Hobby Lobby’s Case Against Obamacare? (christianitytoday.com)
- Obama Administration Wants to Take Christian-Based Hobby Lobby to the Supreme Court (blackchristiannews.com)
- U.S. asks Supreme Court to review Hobby Lobby’s birth control mandate challenge (religionnews.com)